Guardian Club is pleased to offer coaching and instruction in two forms of debate, catering to the current resolutions set out by NCFCA.
Team Policy Debate
**Fast forward to 12:10 for the actual debate to begin.
Team Policy Debate is a two-on-two, 90 minute debate. The affirmative team advocates for a resolution, calling for policy change, and the negative team argues against it.
2021-2022 TP Resolution:
“The United States Federal Government should significantly reform its policy regarding convicted prisoners under federal jurisdiction.”
Lincoln-Douglas Value Debate is a one-on-one, 45 minute debate. The affirmative team attempts to persuade the judge that one stance should be valued over another, using logic, ethics, and philosophy.
2021-2022 LD Resolution:
"In the context of innovation,
the proactionary principle ought to be valued above the precautionary principle."
Helpful Resources for Debate:
- NCFCA Value Debate Curriculum - www.rainbowresource.com/product/077829/NCFCA-Comprehensive-Guide-to-Value-Debate-Complete-Set.html?
- NCFCA Policy Debate Curriculum - www.rainbowresource.com/product/001338/NCFCA-Comprehensive-Guide-to-Policy-Debate-Complete-Set.html?
- DFW Curriculum, Sourcebook, or coaching - https://www.dfwspeechdebate.com/
- Monument Curriculum and/or Sourcebook - https://monumentpublishing.com/
- Ethos Sourcebook, camps, coaching, tons of useful debate articles - https://ethosdebate.com/
- Ace Peak camps, coaching, and debate blog - https://acepeak.org/